Thursday, February 7, 2013

4 years post op and what have I learned?

So in two days I will be 4 years post op. Amazing! Absolutely amazing journey in so many ways. I am not at my goal weight. In fact I am having a bit of regain.

As I stood in the shower this morning I remember many a time at my highest weight I would vow that if I was ever back to normal and I gained even 10 pounds it would go no further. I would stop the weight gain then and there.
"It's NOT about the WEIGHT I've been told". But even in my pre-op therapy evaluation I remember telling the therapist... "ok now I GET IT. I know I'm fat. I know I over eat... okay? I GET IT! I get that I got here bite by bite and pound by pound. If I get this chance I won't blow it."

But here I am about 10 pounds over my lowest of 177 from a high of 391 and will I blow it?

I walked most days for more than a year. I stopped and its oh so much harder going back to it. I started again today. I have a Dr. appointment in 30 days... I need to walk 30 days and get my act together so I don't go in there with a 12 pound gain or worse!
 
Am I woman enough to make this happen? I think I am. I'll keep me posted on here. Kinda an accountability thing.

4 years! Amazing! Time flies! I am grateful every day for this amazing gift I have been given and I don't intend to blow it!

5 comments:

  1. I think you can do it. :)

    And thank you for the comment. I don't often get comments, ... I think my sarcasm scares people off. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I have been on the roller coaster as well. But good on you and wishing you hit and stay on target! I know it's tough but it's tougher being unhealthy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't know if you will see this. I saw you on Johns blog Going Gently. I live in Simi Valley and you in Oxnard. I have two blogs if you are interested. Click on the picture or ? to get to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried it and to get to my blogs (if you want to) click on my name.

      Delete