Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Whoooo hoooo a small goal

Whoo yeah me... ! A small goal met when I weighed myself and was pleased to see 279 on the scale. I don't know why this was a goal but I remember this was what I weighed about 12 years ago. Now my next goal is to weigh what my drivers license says! That is another 19 pounds. At approx. 2 pounds a week that will be at about the 2nd week in November. I'll take it! Also another goal is to be a 50% weight loss which is about the same time which will be about 9 months post op.
I wrote earlier but think I never hit POST about feeling my hunger like a "normal" person feels. Feeling hungry is similar to what I used to feel like... almost. I do not have the never satisfied feeling that I used to feel in fact sometimes the feeling is "Oh dear ! I ate too much - huhooo" and wonder if it will stay down? But its kinda non issue... an inconvenience because it's not like I want to eat something... sometimes I think to myself. Come on you need to eat something soon. Right now It's 3:00PM and I have been hungry kinda for a while.. thinking I need to eat something but then I take a good sized gulp of water and I am good for another hour or so. Seeing that scale go down is rewarding. Being responsible for what I put into my mouth is the tough one... but you already knew that... right?

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog through the triplet blog. Tried to email you privately, but couldn't find your email. :)

    I had a RNY in 2001 (started at 376) ... and your post about getting to 279 caught my eye. My lowest was 205 ... I'm at 269 right now. I've got a 2 year old.

    The point ... I started running in 2006 ... and have completed 4 half marathons! I'm a runner. Yes, a thick one, but a runner! Even at this high weight, my drs say I'm healthier than I've ever been and without running, I probably wouldn't have gotten pregnant.

    Keep up the great work, and use your "window of opprotunity" to the best of your ability! You'll get there, one pound at a time.

    Hugs,
    Christy
    (Munch75@aol.com)

    ReplyDelete