I am now a pound or two more than 1/2 way to my initial goal weight. I woke up the other morning and for the 1st time in a long time felt absolute JOY. Joy in my chest... bursting out of my heart at the difference in my life this surgery has made already. I now have a chance! Life is again full of all opportunities or the possibility of most opportunities again!
The surgery has made possible so many positive things that I had forgotten about.
I am not alone with these absolutely amazing realizations I would bet I have lots of company in the WLS community. But this is my blog and It's mostly about ME, Me me!
Yes, Life still has complications and challenges. But I am having so many non-scale related positives:
To list a few:
1. Saturday I went shopping at 4 different places. or is that 5 ? I had no tiredness no exhaustion and it was so great I almost cried at the last store. I can DO IT AGAIN I can shop like an almost normal person!
2. I can get up if I fall down. One of my biggest fears has been the fear that if I fell I would not be able to get up unassisted. I can get up on my own now.
3. When I was at my heaviest I felt invisible. Not to children, but to adults. I am still very, very overweight (I am not kidding myself) however I am no longer invisible to adults. I even had a guy smile at me twice at the gas station the other day!
4. From the waist up I look good... from the waist down... uhmm not so much. But I can see an image of my former self... well with a chicken neck (Which I really need to GET OVER!)./
5. I have no problem getting into a booth at a restaurant anymore!
and the list goes on and on.
At this moment in time... life is good and getting better each day :)