Thursday, June 18, 2009

Straying

Hmmmm things are changing very gradually. I am much better with no overfilling my baby stomach and throwing up much less. However I just noticed that I am starting to TEST my pouch. Not with sugars or fats per se but in subtle other ways. Last night I went to Presto Pasta and although I usually have a green salad with Gorgonzola and pear and walnuts with a diced breast on the side. Last night i got the sampler knowing i wouldn't be able to eat it all. Chicken picatta and lasagna and fetuchini Alfredo. I ate about a 3" sq. of lasagna. and maybe two bites of the chicken and one mouthful of the fettuchini. Took a LONG time to get it to settle in my stomach so I think that the fats and the carbs were too much. This is the 1st dangerous thing I have done from my previous life before surgery. Very stupid. The remainder sits in my frig. I need to toss it out or at least the Alfredo. The chicken was not bad. But even if it had a little sauce that is more fat than I need. I need to be better at planning meals. I used to be great and cook on Sundays for the week,. I need to start that again. I need to look up recipes on Eggfaces Blog. :)
This could get very dangerous very quickly; this straying from the path, I have worked too hard to screw this up. Carbs have not been a real issue since surgery, proteins and sugars and fats are what I am keeping track of... but I think I need to be working smarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment