Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy Weight Loss Over the Holidays?

I reluctantly weighed myself yesterday morning. Who doesn't cheat or go off track just a wee bit over the Holidays? I can't say I was perfect but gee whiz when you compare it to this time LAST year I was incredible. Thank you Gastric Bypass! Had a few issues with throwing up as I over filled or maybe it was sugar but when I stepped on the scale I had lost 11 pounds in the past 3 weeks! I was shocked and got off the scale and then back on it again. I haven't seen THAT number ....in years.
It's now week 47 and what great a 47 week ride it's been. A big learning curve but very rewarding. It's hard every day and I am still learning what to eat and what not to eat. I have started in the past few weeks having intense gas pains like menstrual cramps in the evening. I think it may be the carbs breaking down in my system. I bought a bottle of Beano and have tried to remember to take that with the Gas X before or during each meal that has a gassy food in it. Beano before the meal...Gas X during the meal. It's not yet working correctly but I think I need to be more vigilant. The gas is odoriferous as my Mother used to say. Ugh that is embarrassing.
Friends over the Holidays were very complimentary and considerate which was a big concern. Small plates, smaller amounts of food and good company what could be better? Oh yes 141 pounds gone FOREVA!

No comments:

Post a Comment